What is Botox and Xeomin?
Botox and Xeomin are sterile solutions that are injected in small amounts to soften wrinkles that are created over time by the muscles of expression. Botox and Xeomin are biological toxins produced by the bacteria known as Clostridium botulinum. Today, these products are highly purified and synthetically produced. Botox is the registered name of botulinum made by Allergan, Inc. and Xeomin is the registered name of botulinum made by Merz Aesthetics. At The Natural Path, we only use products made by Allergan and Merz. In fact, Botox is the most studied medication in the world!
How are Botox and Xeomin Used?
Botox and Xeomin are used to create a very specific and temporary weakness of the muscles treated. Both have been used successfully to treat and reduce the appearance of the following:
- The 11’s (the deep vertical lines between the eyebrows)
- “Crows feet”(the lines along the outer edge of the eye)
- “Bunny lines”(the horizontal lines on the sides of the upper nose)
- Forehead wrinkles (caused by the muscles used to lift the eyebrows)
- Unwanted dimpling on chin
- To elevate corners of mouth 2-3 millimeters to give a more upturned appearance to the corners of the mouth
- “Brow Lift” to raise the lateral or medial eyebrows 2-3 millimeters;
- “Gummy smile” (relaxing the top lip to cover excess gum visibility)
- Treatment to give the eyes a more wide-open appearance by injecting small amounts in the folds under the eyes
- To treat excessive sweating in the armpits
- Migraine headaches
- Facial spasms
Our Doctors are Amazing at Giving Botox and Xeomin Injections
Botox and Xeomin injections are performed by our experienced doctors at The Natural Path. Dr. Robert Madda ND and Dr. Cara Phillipo ND are very well versed with aesthetic procedures. Our doctors will discuss your areas of concern, help you address areas you would like to improve and ensure that all of your questions are answered prior to the treatment.
What is the Cost of Botox or Xeomin Injections
The cost of this therapy is dependent upon the area(s) being treated. In general, the product goes for $12-$13/unit. Our pricing is extremely competitive in the Portland area, especially considering your treatment will be performed by a board-certified doctor. Please call our office at 503-347-4625 to learn more!botox portland, Botox Portland doctor, Naturopath botox portland, Wrinkle treatment portland, Xeomin doctor portland, xeomin portland