Miracle Noodles on the HCG Diet!
I have to admit myself that miracle noodles almost seem too good to be true. They remind me of ‘glass noodles’ from a Thai restaurant. No calories, no carbs, no sugar — simply pure fiber. They are made form the Japanese yam called konjac.
The fiber in the miracle noodles is called “glocomannan.” In my clinical experience, I have used glucomannan fiber to help with lowering LDL cholesterol levels, triglycerides and blood sugar. Glucomannan can help with hunger for those trying to lose weight on the HCG Diet or any diet program by adding in fiber and increasing the sensation of satiety. Our HCG Diet patients love them!
Caution with Miracle Noodles on Phase II of the HCG Diet
There are not many cautions that need to be taken with miracle noodles. They are yummy and filling and give the body a great dose of fiber.
The noodles are preserved in a solution and when you open the bag, you will notice that there is an ocean like smell. Place the noodles in a collander and rinse well. From there, they will have no smell and you can prepare them as you desire.
HCG Diet Phase II Miracle Noodle Recipe
This recipe makes enough for 2 servings. You will need:
- 7 oz. organic chicken breast; thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated, fresh ginger root
- 2 chili’s seeded and cut
- 2 tsp basil leaves chopped fine
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s liquid amino’s
- 2 tsp olive oil (leave out on P2 HCG Diet)
- 1 package of miracle noodles, rinsed, drained and dried
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil to coat the pan. Place chicken strips in the pan and stir fry until white.
- Next, add garlic, ginger and chilis and continue stirring
- Next, add cabbage and continue stirring.
- Toss in the basil, cilantro, chicken broth and Bragg’s and stir some more
- Add the miracle noodles and mix in (feel free to cut miracle noodles with culinary scissors if the pieces are too long).
- Serve warm with sriracha if desired and enjoy!